Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I am Running Out Of Reasons

Six months after my first post, I am justifying what I said there. I am one hell of a lazy ass. I don't have concrete reasons to attribute to this though. I know I can finish some things in a span of a few hours but my laziness drives me crazy. The thing that actually prompted me to start this post is the fact that I haven't met my project guide in the past 21 days. After my zeroth review she had given me some work and had wanted me to meet her after a couple of days. The work she had given was very small which I promptly failed to finish in the time provided. Later when it was really getting delayed, I made this fabulous awesome resolution to myself. This was my plan. Instead of going and meeting her now and saying that I haven't progressed any further, I will take may be another couple of days and show her something worth the time span. Please do keep in mind that I am indeed a fast worker -- At least a lot faster than a lot of guys around me. Now two days later, the situation was slightly different. I have now done more work than she had demanded yet the work couldn't be justified for four days. So then I thought I would push the deadline by another two days. And now the count stands at 21 days. A week back I had mailed her that due to the sudden demise of a close relative I couldn't meet her and that I would meet her the following Tuesday(I think I missed the word 'following' in the mail and may even justify it to be the next Tuesday). Another week has passed since. Now the work I have done can very easily be justified for ten days work. But twenty days have gone since then. How the hell am I going to face her now? What more reasons? By now even she should know what a lazy ass I am. I need to pacify things very soon. But how? I will have to call and give some other lame excuse at the very least. God knows what the F*** I am going to do. (There is a small rumor abuzz that the first review may be on the 22nd of this month).

Still got something to smile for.

0 comments: